Why Service at Cox Toyota?
- Competitive prices
- Factory trained technicians
- Convenient hours
- Convenient location
- State-of-the-art facilities & tools
- On site rental cars
- Protection products
- All makes & models serviced
How do batteries work?
A passenger vehicle battery provides electrical energy to the vehicle. Its main purpose is to help start the engine but it also helps power the lights, radio, and other parts of the vehicle. It is a rechargeable, lead-acid type battery. It will most likely have six cells that work together to provide power.
Why should I have my battery serviced?
There are lots of good reasons to have your battery checked out. For one, it may keep you from getting stranded at an inopportune time. Also, if you have a defective battery it may damage other parts of your car like your alternator.
What causes my battery to need service so soon?
- If your alternator isn’t working properly it could lead to the power of your battery draining.
- Old age
- Short circuits in vehicle wiring
- Hilly & curvy roads which require more braking.
- Keeping your foot on the brake while driving, even if it’s lightly pressed.
- Lights left on.
- Parasitic load (parasitic drain) – this is where systems that use the battery for energy when the vehicle isn’t running are left on. Like an interior light, glove-box light, radio, etc…
Can I use a TrueStart battery in a non-Toyota?
Yes. TrueStart batteries are sold at Toyota dealerships but you don’t have to use it only in Toyotas. The TrueStart battery has been named one of the best car battery brands on the market (10/13) by Autos.com.
How can I tell if my battery needs to be serviced?
Ask for a free battery inspection whenever you come by. If you get your oil changed every 5000 miles or so, then that would be a good time to have your battery checked. Normally there are some warning signs when you’re battery needs service.
- Dashboard light is on. Is your engine service light on? It could be your battery.
- Engine won’t turn over or is slow to turn over.
- Weird, pungent smell coming from the engine (you battery may be leaking).
- Corrosion around the battery terminals.
- Old age. Most manufacturers recommend that you check your battery more regularly once it becomes 3 years old.
How much does battery service cost?
We will check you battery's status for free. If it needs to be replaced then the cost will depend on what level of battery you purchase. A 60-month battery will cost around $90. An 84-month battery will cost around $110.
We service brakes, repair brakes, and replace brakes in Burlington, NC. We also serve Greensboro, Graham, Mebane, Gibsonville, and surrounding areas.