Keep Your Toyota Running Like New With an Oil Change at Cox Toyota
Why Service at Cox Toyota?
- Competitive prices.
- Factory trained technicians.
- Convenient hours
- Convenient locaton
- State-of-the-art facilities & tools
- On site rental cars
- Protection products
- All makes & models
Regular oil changes are the easiest way to make sure your Toyota is always running at its best. Clean oil is essential to ensure all the moving parts in your engine are properly lubricated. Your Toyota’s owner’s manual will let you know when your oil should be changed, and the simplest way to get this done is making an appointment at Cox Toyota in Burlington, North Carolina.
Learn More About Oil Changes From Cox Toyota
Why is getting my car’s oil changed important?
Your engine’s oil acts as a lubricant that coats the engine’s many moving parts. When the oil quality deteriorates, so does the level of lubrication, which can result in damage to your engine. This can easily be prevented by regularly replacing your vehicle’s oil. Regular oil changes ensure a continuous flow of high quality oil through your Toyota, keeping it running as smooth as the day you drove it off the lot.
How do I know when my car needs an oil change?
Every model is different, but on average you should have your oil changed or checked every 3,000 to 10,000 miles. Check your owner’s manual for the exact numbers. Keep in mind there are some warning signs to look out for that your oil may be deteriorating. Consult a technician if you experience any of the following warning signs:
- The check engine light comes on
- Oil is silty or dark in color
- Your engine runs louder than normal
- Oil levels are lower than recommended when checked
How do I check the oil in my car myself?
Checking your oil is simple. The following steps show how to check the level and condition of your oil with a dipstick:
- Turn off your engine and wait at least ten minutes.
- Open the hood and locate the dipstick.
- Remove the dipstick and wipe it across a lint-free cloth.
- Place the dipstick back in the oil reservoir and pull it back out.
- Check for an oily film on the dipstick’s end.
If your oil is a silty dark brown or black with floating particles, it’s time to make an appointment for service at Cox Toyota.
What happens during a professional oil change?
The four steps in our oil change process our technicians will take are the following:
- Assess the level and condition of your oil
- Drain your vehicle’s existing oil
- Replace the old oil filter with a new one
- Add new oil to the engine
Where can I get an oil change near me?
Cox Toyota is located in Burlington, North Carolina, and serves the cities of Mebane, Greensboro, Durham, High Point and Winston-Salem. Our service department is open six days a week, providing everything from oil changes to major repairs. Get started by scheduling your appointment online today.